Monday, October 18, 2010

Run, run as fast as you can … !


Ok, so you may (or may not) have noticed that I am a bit behind in my blogging. Ten cakes behind to be precise - time to catch up in a hurry!


July 2010 – The gingerbread man

The focus of July’s baking challenge was on a BIG gingerbread biscuit. It had been years since I had last made gingerbread men, and I had certainly never made one as big!

Following the gingerbread recipe in the AWWCBC cookbook, it was all going smoothly, I had made my pattern from tracing paper and cut it out with a knife … to find it stuck to the bench! I had forgotten how fragile the necks can be!

Take two and I rolled the gingerbread out onto tracing paper, so that it could easily be lifted onto the tray. The leftover gingerbread was also a great chance to test out the little gingerbread cooking cutter that I got at the show last year.

Of course, it wouldn’t be a cake without cake, so gigantic chocolate cake it was!

Chocolate icing sealed the gingerbread man to the cake, while liquorice strips, smarties and icing pens made light work of decorating the man.

The perfect man to say happy birthday to Becky Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment