Monday, October 18, 2010

Nobody mention the pink elephant in the room


Ahhh the day to bake my way to a payrise … the boss’s birthday! Sadly, I failed on that account, it might have had something to do with the fact that I didn’t actually bake and cheated by buying two Coles choc mud cakes. (He did say they were his favourites!)

It was all relatively easy from there, some clever cutting and the elephant quickly took shape, while pink coconut required a hands-on approach (and pink hands for a few days). 

I must admit I slacked off on icing the sides – I kinda ran out of icing, and the mud cake wasn’t the easiest to ice.

A strategically positioned ear and tusk and Mr pink elephant looked ready to dance right out of the tray and celebrate an unwanted b’day. (That might have been my other mistake … )

No comments:

Post a Comment