Monday, October 18, 2010

Little miss muffet


Back to work after three blissful weeks of holiday and it was time to get back to baking.

I must admit the back to work blues meant I wasn’t very inspired, but when Aaron brought me in a spider, I really couldn’t put it off any longer!

I chose little miss muffet because it seemed the simplest – one round cake, plus a bonus cupcake for miss muffet’s tuffet! I didn’t really think about how difficult it would be to find the right doll, however, and had to make do with a try-hard barbie from Coles.

For this cake I went back to the classic basic butter cake from the recipe book, topped with some electrifying blue icing!

A near disaster was just averted when I discovered I had no idea where my piping bag or nozzles were – a make-shift bag made from baking paper and no nozzle wasn’t ideal, but I managed the design despite being a bot thicker than intended.



Another tasty treat for the workmates to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment