Monday, May 10, 2010

Giant Donald Duck Sucks Giant Donkey Balls


Wow, Betty, your narrative puts me to shame!

I can't say much about my next attempt - Disney was never one of my favourites, and Donald Duck - out of all my not-favourite Disney characters - was never on my excitement radar.

However, we don't get to pick and choose these cakes, so I attempted Mr Duck. As you may guess from the title of this entry, it wasn't entirely successful.

One thing that I did not remember about DD was that his middle name is Fauntleroy - and apparently, he is a VIP member of the Mickey Mouse Club.

Erm. So, yeah. That's my limit...

On to a general comment about the Book though, and that is that the amount of food colouring used to get the vibrant colours in the pictures is obscene. Seriously, I didn't get DD's beak anywhere near as orange as the pics and I used an entire bottle of orange colouring. Scary!

My second comment about the Book is that if nothing else, it is providing me the opportunity to make cake-mix-cakes. These were (and are, actually) a complete no-no in my house when I was growing up, and I think i really missed out.

Yes, they taste like chemicals - but so fluffy and so easy!

Anyway, DD was a special cake for the Big Boss's birthday - I hope it was enjoyed.

The next challenge is Mickey Mouse.

You heard me - M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E... Mickey Mouse!




xxMartha

2 comments:

  1. Okay technology is not my finest point and this is the third attempt at posting. So here goes...the Big Boss was tickled pink with the Big Duck cake. Not sure what the connection is to giant donkey balls but perhaps that's another cake project you're working on. Ewww. Loved the cake and the phenomenal effort that went into it. Thank you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, BB. Donkey Balls = bigger than... ok, i'm not going to finish that thought. It's slightly worse than just "sucking". Stay tuned for the old woman.

    ReplyDelete